Financial management is a crucial skill for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), as it involves managing the financial resources of your business in order to achieve your objectives.
For smaller businesses, this can be as simple as budgeting, tracking your working capital, and managing cash flow. As your business expands, however, you’ll need to handle more bank accounts and eventually let others control your company's finances. You might even need a corporate savings account, a credit line, or a business loan down the line to grow your business further,
The good news is that most local banks offer special services for SMEs that need an easier way to manage their business finances. One of the most popular options is BPI Bizlink Online.
What is BPI BizLink?
BPI Bizlink Online is a banking portal for SMEs handling multiple business bank accounts. It’s not a business bank account in itself; rather, it’s a service by Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) that helps you manage account balances and transactions in one place.
With BPI Bizlink, you can create and approve business transactions for multiple accounts in just one app. It also promises a safe and secure environment that you can access from your desktop or phone with a single log-in. Lastly, it allows multiple people in your business to initiate and approve transactions.
What are the services available in BPI Bizlink?
BPI Bizlink offers 2 bundles to clients: Bizlink Digital Access and Bizlink Core. You can choose your bundle on the BPI Bizlink application form, which can be downloaded from the BPI Bizlink website.
For both bundles, you can enroll up to 3 BPI business accounts. You’ll also have to nominate one account as your Settlement Account. This is the account that will be debited for all applicable fees and service charges.
Bizlink BPI Digital Access
Bizlink Digital Access has no Average Daily Balance (ADB) requirement, but it provides limited banking services:
- Inquiry and viewing of account balances 24/7
- Downloadable statement of accounts
- Fund transfers from from one company account to another
- Bills payment to 100+ merchants with no required pre-enrollment
- Auto-debit arrangement (Pay Now, Pay On, or Pay Every)
Bizlink BPI Core
Bizlink Core is a premium account type under BPI Bizlink. It requires Php 100,000 in Average Daily Balance (ADB) for all enrolled accounts. It also has the following in addition to the Digital Access services:
- Bizlink Digital Access Bundle
- Government payments. Pay business dues to BIR, SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG
- Pay BPI accounts. Bizlink transfer to other BPI accounts. Free for the first 50 transactions per month; exceeding transactions have a Php 10 fee.
- Pay non-BPI accounts via Pesonet. Bizlink transfer to other local banks within the day for a Php 50 transaction fee. Transaction amounts are limited per day.
- Pay Foreign. Bizlink transfers to foreign banks anywhere in the world for a $14 transaction fee.
- Pay to other banks via RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement). Bizlink transfers to other local banks within the hour, with no transaction limit. Php 400 fee per transaction.
- Pay to other banks via GSRT (Gross Settlement Real Time). Dollar fund transfers to dollar accounts in other local banks for $10 per transaction.
Bear in mind that BPI charges a monthly maintenance fee if your account/s do not meet the required ADB, which amounts to:
Monthly Maintenance Fee = (Committed ADB - Actual ADB*) x 1%
Actual ADB: (Day 1 ending balance + Day 2 ending balance + Day 3, 4, 5…+ Day 30/31 ending balance) ÷ number of days in the month (i.e. 30/31 days)
How to enroll into BPI Bizlink
Before enrolling, ensure that you are qualified for a Bizlink BPI account. These are the eligibility requirements:
- A BPI savings or current account for your business, which you can open at any BPI branch. This is important because you will be prompted for your account’s BPI Corporate Code upon login.
- Any of the following business documents: DTI Registration (for sole proprietorships), Partnership Resolution (for partnerships), or Secretary’s Certificate (for corporations)
To enroll into Bizlink BPI:
- Download, fill out, and sign the BPI Bizlink onboarding consent form from the BPI website.
- Email the scanned copy of your application form and qualifying business documents to email@example.com.
- Wait for your user credentials within one (1) banking day. After receipt, activate your access using the details sent to you by Bizlink BPI.
- Submit your original application form and qualifying business document to 3F BPI Buendia Center, Sen Gil Puyat Ave, Makati City within 30 calendar days. This will complete your BPI BizLink enrollment.
BPI Bizlink Log In Process
Before initiating a BPI Bizlink log in for the first time, you need the email from BPI Bizlink containing your temporary login as System Administrator Encoder or Transactional Maker.
- Visit the BPI Bizlink Log In page or download the BPI Bizlink app from Play Store or App Store.
- Input your BPI Corporate Code and your BPI Bizlink log in credentials.
- If you are an Encoder logging in for the first time, you may be prompted to change your temporary login credentials. Simply follow the prompt until you nominate your permanent login details.
Understanding BPI Bizlink Online roles
When filling out the application form, you’ll notice a section that nominates the users of your BPI Bizlink account. This makes sense especially for larger or more complex businesses, which may require multiple finance employees to initiate and approve transactions.
You can nominate yourself or others for four different roles:
- Encoder. The only role that can request Bizlink set-ups, enrollments, and changes to Transactional Users, Savings/Checking Accounts, Government ID Numbers. Can also be nominated as a Transactional Maker.
- Approver. The only role that can approve or reject changes requested by the Encoder, and accept terms and conditions by BPI or BPI Bizlink. Can also be nominated as a Transactional Authorizer.
- Transactional Maker. Can create and initiate transactions in Bizlink, subject to the approval of the Transactional Authorizer. They can also view the account balance and transaction history, unless their access is limited to certain accounts by a System Administrator.
- Transactional Authorizer. Can approve, return, or reject transactions requested by the Maker. They can also view the account balance and reports, unless their access is limited to certain accounts by a System Administrator.
- During your application, you can state the number of Authorizers required to sign off on each transaction request.
BPI Bizlink Hotline
The BPI Bizlink hotline is (+632) 8790-1400, available during office hours. You may also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot reach the BPI Bizlink hotline, you can call the 24-hour BPI Contact Center at (+632) 889-10000 and press 4-4 after the welcome message.
Financial management can get more complex as your business grows — but with tools like BPI Bizlink Online, it doesn’t have to be.
Bizlink BPI is best used when you already have a business bank account in BPI, or if you are planning to open one soon. Bizlink Digital Access is ideal for companies that do not need to pay suppliers or transfer funds out of their BPI account. It lets you pay bills to over a hundred merchants, but does not permit transfers to other banks or BPI accounts except your own.
Meanwhile, if your company relies heavily on your BPI accounts for bank transfers to local and international banks, Bizlink Core is your best option. It lets you transfer funds to BPI accounts, local banks, and dollar fund accounts. You can also use it to pay government dues and bills.
First Circle’s Revolving Credit Line allows you to keep working on projects and payments without having to wait for a loan. This frees up your time to manage other parts of your business. To secure your business for future cash flow gaps and emergencies, apply for a credit line with First Circle by filling out our short online application form.